Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 36

No photos today, but the door casings and baseboards are almost completely installed downstairs.

Went to a tile store and picked new tile for the kitchen wall, as well as new accent tile to go over the stove.

As for the appliances, they came at 815 this morning, without having called last night to give me a time.  We figured out that someone had transposed a couple of numbers on his paperwork.  After he unloaded the refrigerator he got ready to leave.  I asked where the other 3 appliances were.  He said he had no idea, maybe they'll be here tomorrow.  What a load of crap!  I called the warehouse and asked for a manager.  Some guy came on who didn't know squat.  He said the other pieces got hidden.  WTH??  He said that when someone picks one of the pieces up, it gets hidden in the computer so the warehouse won't try to deliver another one.  Great, except I never picked any of this stuff up.  He had no idea how this could have happened and said no, they couldn't deliver the other pieces today, and no, he can't promise I will be first on the list tomorrow.  Clearly I was getting nowhere with him so I hung up.  I was livid, so I went to the store and asked for the manager there.  He was a really nice guy, and already knew what was going on.  The driver told him I was okay with waiting until tomorrow, where he got that idea I don't know.  The store manager also had no idea how this could have happened.  We left it that I would be first on the list tomorrow morning, between 730 and 8.  I thought it was interesting that they got a call from another very irate customer while I was in the store.  The driver called a few minutes ago to confirm that he would be here between 730 and 930 tomorrow.  I said great, but you mean between 730 and 8, right?  Oh, and to top it all off, their truck leaked a huge oil spot in my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment