Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 26


Today was spent pouring 11 bags of concrete to start leveling the floor out enough to install the wood laminate.  I didn't know we needed any here at the end of the stairs but there it is.  The biggest drop was that bit at the top of the picture.  We'll see how close it is to level tomorrow.  The guy also added some in the office, but I couldn't get to it to take a picture.  The laminate flooring was delivered today, but I didn't get a picture before this bit at the bottom of the stairs was poured.  The good news is that I still like the flooring, even though we only saw a tiny sample almost a month ago.



Here is the kitchen after I did my painting job.  Its a good thing I didn't have to paint the back wall or go all the way to the floor, I would have run out of paint.

I will just take a moment to tell anyone who might be thinking of new windows, DO IT!!  Since we had the new, double-paned windows installed upstairs, the temperature has dramatically stayed lower!  We've had a few hot days since getting the new windows, but it hasn't gotten hot enough inside to turn on our new air conditioner.  The living room is SO much cooler now, I can't believe it.  Yes, I still would have installed the A/C, but I would have thought a lot harder about it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment