Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 35


Tabitha, the designer, came out to bring the original sample and take a look at what we got.  She agreed that its not even close to the sample, so we'll be getting different tile.  I still can't believe the tile company sent a sample that is so different than the end product.  Its incredibly lame and annoying.



So instead of the backsplash being installed today, the floor went in.  It is laminate that looks like tile.  I love how much softer it is to walk on.  



This will be the backsplash tile for the wet bar and master bathroom downstairs.



A whole lot more trim work went on down there today, as well as building some much nicer stairs to the root cellar.

The appliances were supposed to be delivered today, but no one ever called yesterday to let me know a timeframe.  I called this morning and was told between 11 and 1.  When no one showed by 2:15 I called again and spoke to a second person.  She tried to reach the driver but he wasn't answering his phone, so she said she would keep trying and call me back.  After another hour went by with no word, I called and spoke to yet another person.  He then told me I wasn't scheduled until tomorrow.  There is no way I would ever have scheduled delivery for a Saturday, they just totally screwed up.  I changed the delivery to Monday.  We'll see what happens but I don't think I will buy there again.  This is Appliance Factory Direct, the gaudy blue and yellow building on south College.

No comments:

Post a Comment